Sunday, January 30, 2011

M/V RONA not under control near Rhodes island....

Yesterday I received a PAN PAN PAN call from RONA motor cargo ship on Marine CH 16 the same time as Coastguard and port authoroties.
It was about 30miles southeast of my QTH....
Listening the comunication exchanges I notice that the Port Authority of Rhodes not hear the ship and immidiedly I call them on phone to inform that I still listening the signal loud and clear and that I can help.
The officer tell me to be stand by and two times I make relay between ship and Port Authority.
Also SAR command are informed by telephone by me that Im QRV if they need it on VHF or even on HF.
Thanks god the captain of cargo ship says that they try to fix engine problem and no any help from other ship or Coastguard is neccessery. My associated AIS system here on island is actived and till today I have on my screen the trace of ship. Thanks to SV5KKU (Lakis) for backup AIS system activation from Lindos even without Internet due to disaster of the last days. His providing the AIS data throu his iPhone4 untill this morning....
Also SV5FRC (Kostas) was QRV on VHF and HF for any assistance as member of Hellenic Rescue Team where Im in charge.

>>>>>>>>>  U P D A T E  <<<<<<<<

Matsas Star is under way and very close to ship for help....  30-1-2001 UTC 14:14

Here is some of videos.........


No comments:

Post a Comment