Monday, July 4, 2011

SW5KKR on AEGEAN VHF Contest 2011....

Once on "AEGEAN VHF Contest" for 10th year, me and my son Manos (SW5KKR) we run it from our alternative QTH at South part of the island of Rhodes.
Manos have focus at 2m SSB as his licensed permits and me on 6m CW.
The little guy on picture is my younger son Konstantinos-Marcellos who is very interested about radios too. (so far he makes experimental transmissions at PMR band with his mother)

Results for SW5KKR it looks good with very poor conditions the first day and a lucky opening for only one station with Sporadic E at France. On Tropo he make a lot of SV9's and couple 9H's and 4X's. Stations from SV1 (Athens area) also pass with weak signals but workable.
Good friends from SV5 land also give him few QSOs.  No "big bang" on 2m and and no taste of many DX QSOs on 2m for  Manos....
On 6m the conditions at first day was poor also and late the afternoon with my XYL we make a big break having some "Retsina" wine at the nearest village.... No surprises late the night when I came back to radios.
At Sunday nothing promises something good early the morning and all game start  to be nice late the afternoon when and the Americans pass....
For couple of hours were really nice to work all around Europe with great signals. Thanks all people who support me working me and spotting me on DX Cluster.

Thanks also all my fellows on SV5 (except one ham visitor in KOS) who understood that a contest is contest for someone who work only CW and they make all their QSOs on SSB helping me to collect points and no QRM from them.
Thanks guys...!!! See you next year...

 SV5BYR Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment